The Sr. Software Solutions Architect will focus primarily on leading solution design efforts for the delivery of technology solutions, according to the SDLC process. The process includes delivering requirement specifications through detailed design in support of delivery; and ensuring organizational alignment in terms of timelines, commitments, and status. The development projects are critical, high value initiatives that are part of a larger enterprise IT strategy. During the project design efforts, the Solutions Architect will lead the team of Enterprise Architects, Data Architects, and UX Research/Designers, and will partner with PMO, IT Infrastructure, Production Operations, and Security/Compliance teams, to design solutions that will be implemented by th IT Delivery teams, in order to provide efficient, value-based services to Internal Users and to External Members. Additionally, the Solutions Architect will work closely with Enterprise Architects to ensure the successful realization of the enterprise architecture roadmap and strategy. The Solutions Architect – with a background in the various technologies and stacks (NodeJS/React/Postgres, Salesforce, .NET/SQL Server, Web Services and ESBs) – will work on the solution design related to various elements of our platforms, and will address business/user impact, application integration, data integration and migration, security, networking, deployment, and user access. Conduct requirements-gathering from end users, stakeholders, and other SMEs.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
• Direct experience in building and managing complex solutions based on Cloud technologies; including private, public, and/or hybrid cloud solutions
• Deep experience in the software development life cycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, QA, Database architecture, build processes, testing, deployment, and the management of technical debt
• Strong hands-on Full Stack application development experience that includes experience across languages and projects
• Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR, HIPAA)
• Working knowledge of platforms (Node/Express/React Stack/Salesforce/.NET), cloud technologies (Heroku, AWS S3), Integration (ESB, Mulesoft, Express Gateway), Data (MS SQL, Postgres, SSIS, SSRS), network, infrastructure, security, IAM, SAML, SSO, LDAP, Active Directory, OKTA, UML, OOAD (Object Oriented Analysis & Design), architecture tools (Sparx-ea, Visio, Embarcadero), business process modeling and collaboration tools (Jira, MS Teams, Confluence)
• Serve as a proven expert of technology with expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large enterprise applications
• Ability to quickly adapt to different working environments, build relationships, and be able to lead teams efficiently for success
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-project environment, meeting commitments and deadlines
• Expertise in understanding business needs (including drawing out those unstated), and then meeting them with technology
• Ability to lead assessment of development budgets and schedules
• Ability to maintain fast pace, adequately consider alternatives, make tough calls, foster great teamwork, and have fun Core Competencies/Demonstrable Behaviors
• Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
• Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Tech savvy – Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital technology applications
• Optimizes work processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or closely related field with 10-12 years’ experience in software design and implementation of complex IT projects required
• 8-10 years of progressively increasing leadership responsibility in a directly related area during which both professional and management capability have been clearly demonstrated required
• Experience with complex data analysis, data migrations, system integration, and development
• Experience working with integration middleware or enterprise system bus technologies.
• Master’s degree preferred
• Agile software development experience (certified Product Owner preferred)
Experience in a healthcare-related field preferred
• Experience as a Solution Architect in the health plan industry preferred
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
Sr. IT Recruiter
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.